During one of Apex’s routine scavenging missions Grace and Simon find themselves separated from their group. Deadset as they are on clinging to Apex’s way of life, when they end up meeting Hazel, an optimistic young girl traversing the train with her gorilla friend Tuba, it isn’t long before Grace and Simon begin to realize that there might just be another way to survive and thrive on the Infinity Train that doesn’t revolve around getting over on others.
The season's full title was revealed on the Infinity Train panel during Comic-Con@Home 2020.
Cast and Crew
- Kirby Howell-Baptiste as Grace Monroe
- Kyle McCarley as Simon Laurent
- Isabella Abiera as Hazel
- Diane Delano as Tuba
- Lena Headey as Amelia Hughes
- Kate Mulgrew as The Cat
- Rhys Darby as Randall
- Alfred Molina as Chandelier
- Justin Michael as Roy
- Dee Bradley Baker as Ghoms
- Jessie Wong
- Kellye Perdue
- Ryan Shannon
- Angela Kim
- Diana Huh
- Marie Lum
- Lindsay Katai
- Alex Horab
- Justin Michael
- Jacob Winkler
|Image||Title||Premiere Date||No. in series||No. in season|
|"The Musical Car"||August 12th, 2020 (Sneak Peek)
August 13th, 2020 (HBO Max)
|The kids of The Apex raid a musical car before descending on a village of unsuspecting turtles - but before they can complete their mission, leaders Grace and Simon are separated from the pack under mysterious circumstances.|
|"The Jungle Car"||August 13th, 2020||22||2|
|Grace and Simon look on the bright side and hope that this will be like a mini-vacation from their responsibilities as leaders of The Apex.|
|"The Debutante Ball Car"||August 13th, 2020||23||3|
|The gang's uneasy alliance is tested by a challenge in their first car together: dancing in a high-stakes octopus debutante ball!|
|"Le Chat Chalet Car"||August 13th, 2020||24||4|
|Stuck in a blizzard, the gang seeks shelter in a nearby cabin. But when Simon realizes who's inside, he frantically searches for a way out.|
|"The Color Clock Car"||August 13th, 2020||25||5|
|A giant, color-changing clock creates a shifting-maze puzzle that the gang has to solve before they can leave the car.|
|"The Campfire Car"||August 20th, 2020||26||6|
|The Apex are just a car away! They're almost home! But first they have to make it through a forest full of pinecone camp counselors.|
|"The Canyon of the Golden Winged Snakes Car"||August 20th, 2020||27||7|
|The gang finds themselves in a car full of golden winged snakes, but in that dusty landscape a mystery they're unprepared for awaits them.|
|"The Hey Ho Whoa Car"||August 20th, 2020||28||8|
|In the seemingly innocent Hey Ho Whoa car, a shocking revelation rocks Grace and Simon's world. Will they be able to fix it before The Apex find out?|
|"The Origami Car"||August 27th, 2020||29||9|
|The gang is finally ready to meet The Apex again, but keeping secrets has consequences.|
|"The New Apex"||August 27th, 2020||30||10|
|The gang reorders The Apex, but what will the new order be?|
Click here to view this page's gallery.
- According to Owen Dennis, Infinity Train was originally planned to premiere on HBO Max from the beginning, but due to the Warner and AT&T lawsuit the streaming service's release was delayed from its original 2019 launch date. This led to the first two seasons premiering on Cartoon Network instead.
- When Book 1 ended, Book 3 was already in the works.
- Book 3 is widely considered a turning point in Infinity Train for a number of reasons, mainly due to its darker themes: its emotional stakes are significantly higher than in previous seasons, it focuses on characters originally introduced as antagonists, and features multiple onscreen deaths. Critical reviews at the time of its release hailed it as revolutionary in the realm of television animation, firmly demonstrating that Western animation did not always have to be aimed at children.
- Gizmodo: "Exclusive: Infinity Train's Third Season is Bringing Anarchy."
- HBO Max and Cartoon Network Studios Infinity Train Comic-Con@Home 2020
- @isabellaabiera on Instagram.
- Owen Dennis on Twitter: "Infinity Train was supposed to come out on HBO Max a year ago, but it didn't exist yet because of the lawsuit with Warner/AT&T, so everything got held up. The show is still made under CNS though, so we have the same rules we've always had but the money comes from HBO Max." August 13, 2020.